Whipping up a one-skillet dish of bok choy and kale with tofu is both simple and incredibly satisfying. This recipe harmoniously combines the tender greens of bok choy and kale with the protein-rich goodness of tofu, creating a hearty, well-balanced meal in a single pan. Beyond the culinary joy, this dish offers a burst of nutrients, making it a wholesome choice for a quick and flavorful weeknight dinner. Embrace the simplicity of this recipe and savor the delightful flavors and health benefits it brings to your table.
One-Skillet Bok Choy & Kale with Tofu
- 1 (14 oz) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 3.5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2.5 tsp rice vinegar, divided
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups bok choy, roughly chopped
- 4 cups kale, roughly chopped
- Cut tofu into ¾” slices, then in half crosswise. Drain on paper towels 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and ½ teaspoon vinegar.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add peanut oil. Cook tofu until golden brown, 3 minutes per side. On baking sheet, arrange tofu; brush with soy sauce mixture.
- In same skillet, cook ginger, green onions and garlic until fragrant. Add remaining 1½ tablespoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Mix in bok choy; cook until wilted.
- Mix in kale; cook until wilted. Gently toss in tofu to combine.