Zucchini pancakes are a delightful and versatile dish that showcases the natural goodness of zucchini in a flavorful way. With a handful of ingredients and simple preparation, you can create a crispy and savory pancake that is both satisfying and nutritious. The grated zucchini adds a subtle sweetness and a pleasant texture to the pancakes. Whether enjoyed as a savory breakfast, a light lunch, or a side dish, zucchini pancakes are a tasty way to incorporate more vegetables into your meals. Embrace the ease of making these delicious pancakes and savor their wholesome flavor with each delectable bite.
Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme or oregano (minced)
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Shred the zucchini and onion on the large holes of a box grater or in a food processor with the shredding disk. Place the shredded vegetables in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine. Let drain for 30 minutes, then pick up by the handful and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Place on a kitchen towel or double layer of paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, garlic, cheese, herbs, lemon zest, and pepper. Beat well with a fork. Add the drained zucchini mixture and mix together. Sprinkle the flour and baking powder on top and mix with a fork just until well combined.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat in a wide, heavy pan. When the oil is hot, drop the batter into the pan by heaping tablespoonful. Cook for about three minutes on the first side, until nicely browned. Flip and cook for about two minutes more. Place the cooked pancakes on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining oil and batter. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, sour cream, tzatziki or applesauce.