Fig and arugula salad with pecans, basil, and goat cheese is a delightful and flavorful dish that combines the sweetness of figs with the peppery bite of arugula and the richness of goat cheese. With minimal effort and a handful of ingredients, you can create a refreshing salad that is both visually appealing and delicious. The juicy figs, crunchy pecans, fragrant basil, and creamy goat cheese come together in a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. Whether enjoyed as a light lunch or a side dish, this salad offers a delightful balance of tastes that will elevate your taste buds. Embrace the simplicity of making this salad and savor its deliciousness with every mouthwatering bite.
Fig and Arugula Salad w/ Pecans, Basil and Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 5 oz baby arugula (about 6-7 cups)
- 6-8 figs (stems removed, quartered)
- 10-15 basil leaves (torn)
- 1/2 cup firm goat cheese, crumbled (use the kind in a log, or try gorgonzola)
Fig Salad Dressing
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (optional)
- If sensitive to red onions, thinly slice and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Place arugula, pecans, drained onions, and torn basil leaves in a large bowl. (At this point you could refrigerate until serving, placing figs and goat cheese overtop of the greens).
- Drizzle the dressing ingredients into the salad bowl (or feel free to mix dressing together in a small jar or bowl first) tossing the salad until all the leaves are lightly coated. Add the figs and goat cheese, and lightly toss to incorporate.
- Taste, adjust vinegar and maple to your liking, adding more if you prefer. Serve immediately!