Crockpot Thai broccoli rabe chicken curry is a flavorful and effortless dish that combines the aromatic spices of Thai cuisine with the vibrant freshness of broccoli rabe. With the convenience of a slow cooker and a handful of ingredients, you can create a hearty and exotic curry that will transport your taste buds. The tender chicken, infused with the rich curry sauce, melds perfectly with the slight bitterness of broccoli rabe, resulting in a harmonious blend of flavors. Whether served over steamed rice or enjoyed on its own, this dish offers a comforting and satisfying meal that brings the authentic taste of Thai cuisine to your table with minimal effort.
Crockpot Thai Broccoli Rabe Chicken Curry
- 1 yellow onion (finely diced)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced or grated)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 14 oz cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (diced)
- 1 bunch broccoli raab (ends trimmed + roughly chopped into bite size)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Steamed rice
- Arils from one pomegranate
- Chopped peanuts
- In the bowl of your crockpot, combine the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk, and honey. Add the chicken and broccoli rabe, toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in the basil and or cilantro.
- Serve the curry over a bowl of steamed rice. Top with pomegranate arils, peanuts and fresh basil or cilantro. Eat!