White bean and turnip salad with roasted garlic scapes is a refreshing and flavorful dish that combines the creaminess of white beans, the crispness of turnips, and the unique taste of roasted garlic scapes. With a handful of ingredients and simple assembly, you can create a delightful salad that is both satisfying and vibrant. The creamy white beans, crunchy turnips, and charred garlic scapes come together in a harmonious blend of textures and flavors. Whether enjoyed as a refreshing side dish or a light lunch, this salad offers a delightful balance of tastes that will tantalize your taste buds.
White Bean and Turnip Salad with Roasted Garlic Scapes
- 6 Hakurei turnips
- 12 garlic scapes
- 1.5 cups white beans (about 1 can)
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the garlic scapes on a baking sheet anddrizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let your roasted garlic scapes cool for a coupleminutes until they can be handled, and chop off any parts that have become overlycrispy.
- Cut the remaining scapes into pieces, and place them in a bowl. Add the beans,drained and rinsed if using canned. Add the arugula, chopped a little if the leavesare larger, parsley, almonds, lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh thyme. Toss, and serveright away or chill until serving