Roasted cherry tomato Caprese is a delightful twist on the classic salad, featuring rich flavors from roasted cherry tomatoes. With minimal ingredients, it creates a visually appealing and delicious dish. The combination of sweet tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fresh basil creates a harmonious summer celebration. Whether as an appetizer, side dish, or light main course, it offers a delightful balance of flavors and textures. Embrace simplicity and savor its deliciousness with every bite.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Caprese
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz fresh buffalo or cow mozzarella (about 1 ball) room temperature, torn into large pieces
- Flaky sea salt
- Country-style bread, brushed with oil and toasted in oven (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss tomatoes, thyme, garlic, and oil on a rimmed baking sheet to coat and season lightly with kosher salt. Spread out in a single layer and roast until tomatoes are bursting and lightly browned, 40–45 minutes; let cool.
- Arrange mozzarella on a platter and spoon warm tomato mixture with juices over; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with olive-oil-toasted bread for soaking up all those extra juices.