Greek salad is a refreshing and flavorful dish that combines the vibrant flavors of fresh vegetables with the tanginess of feta cheese and the richness of Kalamata olives. With minimal ingredients and simple assembly, you can create a delightful salad that is both light and satisfying. The crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, crunchy bell peppers, and thinly sliced red onions come together in a harmonious blend of colors and tastes. Tossed in a zesty dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs, Greek salad offers a delightful balance of textures and a burst of Mediterranean flavors. Embrace the simplicity of making this classic salad and savor its deliciousness with every refreshing bite.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (more for sprinkling)
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber (cut lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5 oz feta cheese (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/3 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- On a large platter, arrange the cucumber, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, red onions, and olives. Drizzle with the dressing and very gently toss. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of oregano and top with the mint leaves. Season to taste and serve.