Baking fresh herb bread at home is a delightful and fulfilling endeavor. With a handful of aromatic herbs and a simple bread dough, you can create a fragrant and flavorful loaf that will elevate any meal. The process is surprisingly easy, and the result is a crusty exterior with a soft, tender crumb bursting with the essence of fresh herbs. Whether you choose rosemary, thyme, or a combination of your favorite herbs, the aroma that fills your kitchen while baking is simply intoxicating. Indulge in the satisfaction of homemade bread and savor the delectable taste of herbs in every bite.
Fresh Herb Bread
- 10 Tbsp water (1 cup + 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves (chopped)
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp dry milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the bread machine (adding liquids first, followed by the dry ingredients and herbs, and the yeast going in last).
- lSect the basic white cycle. Use a medium or light crust.
- It is recommended to use a bread pan with 9 cups or larger for this 1.5 lb loaf.