Asian cucumber salad is a refreshing and vibrant dish that combines the crispness of cucumbers with a tangy and savory dressing. With minimal ingredients and simple preparation, you can create a light and flavorful salad that is both satisfying and packed with Asian-inspired flavors. The combination of the cool cucumbers, tangy rice vinegar, and soy sauce creates a harmonious blend of tastes. Whether enjoyed as a refreshing side dish or a light appetizer, Asian cucumber salad offers a delightful balance of textures and a burst of refreshing flavors. Embrace the simplicity of making this flavorful salad and enjoy its refreshing taste with every bite.
Easy Asian Cucumber Salad
- 5 Persian cucumbers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chili oil
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Rinse and slice one end of the cucumber at an angle.
- Continue slicing at an angle. Slices should look more oval than round. Thickness should be up to preference.
- Add to a bowl/container and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Mix that well and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to draw out the water.
- Drain the water and give the cucumbers a quick 10 seconds rinse before returning back to the bowl/container.
- Add sesame oil, light soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, chili oil and sesame seeds.
- Stir until well combined and serve. Enjoy!