Baked sweet potatoes with pesto are a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with the vibrant flavors of homemade pesto. With minimal preparation and a handful of ingredients, you can create a wholesome and flavorful meal or side dish. The creamy and tender flesh of the sweet potatoes pairs perfectly with the fresh and herbaceous pesto, creating a delightful balance of flavors. Whether enjoyed as a vegetarian main course or as a flavorful side, this dish is a nourishing and easy way to incorporate the goodness of sweet potatoes and the boldness of pesto into your meals.
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Tatsoi Pesto
- 1 bunch tatsoi (4 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (baked)
- Remove the bottom few inches of the tatsoi and then loosely chop the rest. Add it to the food processor with the basil, garlic, pecans and romano and pulse in to small pieces.
- Add the oregano, pepper, salt, honey, lemon juice and olive oil and pulse until combined.
- Serve over baked sweet potatoes and store the rest of the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite toppings or protein.