Chicken Caesar salad with grilled romaine is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines the smokiness of grilled romaine lettuce with the savory goodness of chicken and the classic flavors of Caesar dressing. With minimal ingredients and simple preparation, you can create a delightful salad that is both hearty and delicious. The charred romaine lettuce adds a unique depth of flavor, while the tender grilled chicken complements the crispness of the lettuce. Tossed in a creamy Caesar dressing and topped with shaved Parmesan, this salad offers a delightful balance of textures and tastes. Embrace the simplicity of making this salad and savor its deliciousness with every mouthwatering bite.
Chicken Caesar Salad with Grilled Romaine
- 3 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 lemons (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 grilled chicken breasts (sliced)
- 4 pieces cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 medium cucumber (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
- 3 cups sourdough bread (about 1/2 loaf) (diced)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and add to the bowl. Then drizzle with the melted butter and toss until all the pieces are coated.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan and toss to combine.
- Spread into an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks!
- Preheat your grill to 450°F. If using a grill pan, heat over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke.
- Slice the romaine in half lengthwise so that the base is still intact. Slice the lemons in half. Lightly brush both the romaine and lemons with olive oil.
- Place lemons cut side down on a hot grill and grill without moving for 3-4 minutes. Once the lemons are slightly charred, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the romaine cut side down on the grill for 1-2 minutes until charred and just beginning to wilt. Remove from the grill and squeeze the grilled lemons over top.
- Chop the grilled romaine into large chunks and add to a large bowl. Add in the chicken, bacon, parmesan, cucumber, tomatoes, and about 1 cup of the croutons and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with the Caesar dressing (I like about ¼ cup but you can add as much or little as you prefer) and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.