Sauteed broccoli rabe with garlic and crushed red pepper is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines the bitterness of broccoli rabe with the aromatic kick of garlic and the gentle heat of crushed red pepper. With just a few ingredients and minimal cooking time, you can create a vibrant and nutritious side dish that is both simple and delicious. The tender-crisp broccoli rabe pairs perfectly with the bold flavors of garlic and crushed red pepper, creating a delightful balance of taste sensations. Whether served as a standalone side or as a flavorful accompaniment to a main course, sauteed broccoli rabe is a versatile and delightful addition to your culinary repertoire.
Sautéed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Crushed Red Pepper
- 2-3 bunches brocoli raab (cleaned and trimmed of stalks)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (or garlic powder or both)
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper
- Heat the oil in your pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and some crushed red pepper and saute for a few minutes until the garlic is golden (keep an eye on it because burned garlic ruins the dish).
- Add the broccoli rabe to the pan along with some salt and garlic powder and a couple spoonfuls of water.
- Stir periodically until the broccoli rabe cooks down, around 10 minutes.
- Once it's cooked down a bit taste it and added additional salt and crushed red pepper as needed.