Edamame with soy and sesame sauce is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the nuttiness of edamame with the savory flavors of soy and sesame. With minimal effort and just a few ingredients, you can create a delightful appetizer or snack that is both flavorful and nutritious. The steamed edamame pods, tossed in a delectable mixture of soy sauce and sesame oil, create a harmonious blend of flavors. Whether enjoyed as a light and protein-packed snack or as a side dish, edamame with soy and sesame sauce offers a delightful combination of tastes and textures. Embrace the simplicity of making this dish and savor its deliciousness with every bite.
Edamame with Soy and Sesame Sauce
- 150 grams edamame in pods
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil edamame for 3-4 minutes. Drain in cold water and dry with paper towel.
- In a pan over high heat, add sesame oil. When the oil is hot, almost smoking, add edamame pods and fry for about 2-3 minutes, until the pods are slightly charred.
- Add soy sauce and stir until the sauce has evaporated.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Serve immediately or save it for later in the fridge. It’s good hot and cold!