Blackberry compote is a luscious and versatile sauce that celebrates the natural sweetness of blackberries in a delightful way. With minimal ingredients and simple preparation, you can create a flavorful compote that is both versatile and delicious. The juicy blackberries, simmered with a touch of sweetness, break down into a thick and fruity sauce that can be used in various ways. Whether drizzled over pancakes, swirled into yogurt, or used as a topping for desserts, blackberry compote offers a burst of vibrant flavor that will elevate your dishes. Embrace the simplicity of making this versatile sauce and savor its deliciousness with every spoonful.
Easy Blackberry Compote
- 2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- Add the blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and water to a pot, stir and bring to the boil.
- Allow it to boil for about 5 minutes, stirring often to stop it from scorching.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer and bubble for 10 minutes. It will thicken further as it cools.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and store in a sterilized jar in the fridge for up to 5 days (or freeze for up to 2 months).
Fridge: Keep in a sterilized jar for up to 2 weeks.